Comfort Foods For The Grieving
When people are grieving, they must pay attention to their health, the things they are eating, etc. However, most they tend to neglect themselves and forget that they have to consume nutritious meals.
When someone is going through such a trying time, they need to focus on maintaining their energy levels. It is also why we give comfort foods to people who are grieving. These are some of the things to keep in mind when you are taking food to the family:
- Focus on nourishment, which means include fresh vegetables in the food that you are cooking. Make healthy dishes that a wholesome and nutritious, but which can be very basic.
- The meals that you give the family should the very easy to heat and eat. This will ensure they can take it out from the refrigerator and eat it when they want.
- Take something straightforward to transport and store.
- The foods should also be something that can be frozen so that they will last longer.
- Some of the meals that you can consider making are casseroles, cooker meals, and soups. You can make meatballs, macaroni, lasagna, or pulled pork. Make sure that ingredients are fresh and that the foods are not too rich.
These comfort foods can come in handy when the grieving family does not have the energy, inclination, or interest in cooking anything for themselves. Do not take vast amounts of food because other people may also be carrying similar dishes for the family. If you feel the need to, make smaller meals multiple times so that they have something fresh to eat on different days.
If you want information about our services here at Thomas M. Gallagher Funeral Home, contact us or give us a call at 318-640-1375 today.