Creating A Memorial Garden
It can be extremely challenging to deal with the loss of a loved one, and almost everyone experiences this at some point in their life. While it does take some time to recover from the loss, you can create a memorial garden in honor of your loved one. It's an incredibly inspirational way to you remember the person and pay tribute to them.
A Memorial Garden- What Is It?
There is no thumb rule when it comes to the design of the memorial garden and the types of features and elements that you install there. The idea is to create a space that will give you the serenity you need on your property, to sit and reminiscence about your loved one. Even if you live in an apartment, you can create a tiny corner with some greenery and some other meaningful and symbolic features. Some things to make your memorial garden special include:
- Create a private zone in your yard
- Incorporate the water element by adding a brook, stream, waterfall, or fountain. This will help create a very serene atmosphere in the space.
- Choose a spot that gets plenty of sunlight as it will lend a cheery look to the setting.
- Include some outdoor lighting so you can relax in that spot even after dark.
- Include some practical seating and create a comfortable area.
- Place an engraved rock.
After you have created this space, you can still keep adding to it as and when you like. Depending on where the spot is and whether there is an enclosed space, you can place pictures and other memorial items that will keep the memories of your loved one alive.
Following these steps while creating a memorial garden will help ensure that you keep your loved one’s memory alive and honor them in a unique way. If you want information about our services here at Thomas M. Gallagher Funeral Home, contact us via our online form or give us a call 318-640-1375 today.