A Complete Understanding of Funeral Pricing
Most people don’t know exactly how expensive a funeral can be until they have to actually have to plan and organize one. This entire process requires the involvement of funeral home employees and the services you opt for will be reflected in the total amount you pay for the funeral.
We at Thomas M. Gallagher Funeral Home have handled a variety of funerals and catered to various client requirements and specifications. When you come to us with your requirement, we will discuss your requirements and give you all the information you need about the various expenses involved. Here is a brief look at the expenses you can expect:
Standard funeral expenses
Funeral homes charge some standard fees for their services. This fee includes various funeral services that most establishments charge and this can include:
- Acquiring the permits, licenses, copies of the death certificate & notices from local authorities.
- Making all the necessary arrangements with the cemetery or crematory
- Housing the remains until the time of burial/cremation
Make it a point to check all the inclusions and exclusions as the latter can significantly increase the amount that has been quoted to you at the outset.
The funeral home also arranges for specific goods and services on your behalf, in case you need them. The cost of the services listed below could be part of the standard fee. However, most of the funeral home establishments will charge an additional amount for all these services:
- Transporting the remains to the cemetery, crematory and funeral home
- Limousine or hearse service
- Embalming the deceased and other related preparations
- Container for remains- casket, and urns
In addition, you will also need to pay a cash advance that includes payments for goods and services that the funeral home would have to acquire from third-party vendors.
For any more information on funerals or want to plan one, feel free to Thomas M. Gallagher Funeral Home for more information.