How To Personalize an Obituary Notice
If you are in charge of writing an obituary for a loved one who has passed away and find that writing all the relevant details in a few words is very tough, you will be relieved to hear that many people feel that way.
Pointers on Writing a Unique Obituary Notice
At Thomas M. Gallagher Funeral Home, we have seen that family members are entirely lost when it comes to writing a personal obituary notice. They do not want it to be normal and prefer adding some personal touches to it. Here are some tips that can help you personalize an obituary notice:
- You can discuss this aspect with other family members and close friends of the decedent. Collect some stories and anecdotes from them to get a different view of the person you loved. It will help you personalize the obituary to some extent.
- Having a better idea about the smaller details is crucial because many things makeup and an individual's life. If you get to know your loved one a little better from the things you hear about them from other people, it will help you incorporate those details into the obituary.
- Use a few examples to add personal touches to the write-up. It is best to stay away from generalized statements and use specific examples that reflect the person and who they were.
- Some people like to include humor in this writing. If the decedent was very jocular by nature, you can consider writing an obituary in a similar vein.
- Include things like how and why the person was special to you. Write some unique things about them, which made them different and endearing to you and others who care about them.
If you want information about our services here at Thomas M. Gallagher Funeral Home, contact us or give us a call at 318-640-1375 today.